Friday, February 19, 2010

Uninspired

At the moment, I feel that my photography is uninspired. I have not been moved by the simple art of my surroundings: the lone tree in the pasture, the trail winding into the sunset, the sway of dormant grasses reacting to the passing wind. Instead, I have only been searching, searching for things that don't exist.

A good photographer can take an epic moment, location, or scene and capture it, but a great photographer has the ability to take any scene or situation and turn it into grandeur. I feel as though I can do neither. I need to return to what inspires me, the simple beauty of what surrounds us.

So, tomorrow I will travel to Caprock Canyon State Park. I may not even touch my camera. I will just walk and think and observe. If something inspires me I may shoot it, but then again I might not.




I found this Say's Phoebe today in Lubbock. It is the first one that I have ever seen in Lubbock and seems to be a little early.

No comments:

Post a Comment